The various objectives of performance coaching are stated below:
1. To facilitate employee performance feedback regarding reprimanding, enhancing performance, praising, etc.
2. To increase or develop the current skills of the employees through training for improved performance, assigning various assignments, facilitating growth opportunities, etc.
3. To discuss with the employee with respect to various hurdles in the accomplishment of different objectives and goals. It involves enabling various referral resources and dealing with motivational issues.
4. To make the employee ready for greater responsibilities and promotion by discussing career advancement with them.
5. To discuss the various reasons for the continuous decline in the performance below the excepted level with the employee and provide an alternative course of action such as discharge, transfer, performance review, or if suitable provide suitable employment outside the firm.